Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seeking Wisdom

THE SECOND DECISION FOR SUCCESS
I will seek wisdom
Knowing that wisdom waits to be gathered, I will actively search her out. My past can never be
changed, but I can change the future by changing my actions today. I will change my actions today! I
will train my eyes and ears to read and listen to books and recordings that bring about positive changes
in my personal relationships and a greater understanding of my fellowman. No longer will I bombard my
mind with materials that feed my doubts and fears. I will read and listen only to what increases my belief
in myself and my future.
I will seek wisdom. I will choose my friends with care.
I am who my friends are. I speak their language, and I wear their clothes. I share their opinions
and their habits. From this moment forward, I will choose to associate with people whose lives and
lifestyles I admire. If I associate with chickens, I will learn to scratch at the ground and squabble over
crumbs. If I associate with eagles, I will learn to soar to great heights. I am an eagle. It is my destiny to
fly.
I will seek wisdom. I will listen to the counsel of wise men.
The words of a w ise m an are like raindrops on dry ground. They are precious and can be quickly
used for immediate results. Only the blade of grass that catches a raindrop will prosper and grow. The
person who ignores wise counsel is like the blade of grass untouched by the rain—soon to wither and
die. When I counsel with just myself, I can make decisions only according to what I already know. By
counseling with a wise man, I add his knowledge and experience to my own and dramatically increase
my success.
I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
A wise man will cultivate a servant's spirit, for that particular attribute attracts people like no
other. As I humbly serve others, their wisdom will be freely shared with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment