Thursday, March 1, 2012

A new way of thinking

I woke up early today:
I woke up early today excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to chose what kind of day I  am going to have.

Today: I can complain because the weather is rainy OR I can be thankful that the grass is being watered for free.
Today: I can feel sad that I don't have more money OR I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today: I can grumble about my health OR I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today: I can complain over all my parents didn't give me when I was growing up OR I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today: I can cry because the roses have thorns OR I can celebrate that the thorns have roses.
Today: I can mourn my lack of friends OR I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new friends.
Today: I can whine because I have to go to work OR I can shout out for joy because I have a job to do.
Today: I can complain because I have to go to school OR I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with new knowledge.
Today: I can complain because I have to do housework OR I can be happy that I have shelter.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped and here I am the sculptor given the opportunity to do the shaping. What today will be like and what kind of day I will have is completely up to me .
Have a great day, unless you have other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment